Re: Refactoring SharedWorkers out of Web Workers W3C spec

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:09:38 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> We at Mozilla just finished our implementation of Shared Workers. It
> will be turned on in the nightly releases starting tomorrow (or maybe
> thursday) and will hit release on April 29th.

Excellent.

> So if we are only reason we're doing anything here is lack of a 2nd
> implementation, then we might already be good.

The premise here appears to be that Presto doesn't count. Why?

Presto has been shipping shared workers for 3,5 years now (introduced in
Opera 10.60). As far as I can tell Presto-based Opera products match the
definition of "implementation" in the CR exit criteria.

> That said, I don't know what the test suite status is etc, so I'm
> totally fine with punting Shared Workers for now.

The test suite coverage is about the same between dedicated workers and
shared workers, I believe.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software