Re: Refactoring SharedWorkers out of Web Workers W3C spec

As the specification was more written for browser targets I'm not sure if it
count for an implementation to you but note that Shared Worker, as well
as dedicated workers, are also implemented natively on the server in
Wakanda since few versions and often used in this context.

see:
http://doc.wakanda.org/Workers/Shared-Web-Workers-parent.201-688512.en.html

--
Alexandre

On 10 déc. 2013, at 22:09, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> We at Mozilla just finished our implementation of Shared Workers. It
> will be turned on in the nightly releases starting tomorrow (or maybe
> thursday) and will hit release on April 29th.
>
> So if we are only reason we're doing anything here is lack of a 2nd
> implementation, then we might already be good.
>
> That said, I don't know what the test suite status is etc, so I'm
> totally fine with punting Shared Workers for now.
>
> However I'd really like to see us start a level 2 of the spec. The
> synchronous messaging channels is something else I'd like to see done
> there.
>
> / Jonas
>
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Travis Leithead
> <travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> During TPAC 2013 in Shenzhen, I took an action item [1][2] to remove Shared
>> Workers from the W3C Web Workers spec [3] in order for the spec to pass the
>> first of the two stated CR exit criteria in the spec itself.
>>

>> It is my intention to start this work soon. My question for the group—should
>> I transplant the Shared Worker spec prose into a separate REC-track editor’s
>> document, or simply remove it outright? (Removing it would be easier of
>> course :0)
>>

>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/709

>> [2] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/webapps/20131112#l-661

>> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-workers-20120501/