Re: [webcomponents] HTML Imports

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:58:10 +0100, Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com> wrote:

>> seems a specification that seems really pushed/rushed
>
> Since my team (Polymer) has been working with imports in practice for a
> year-and-a-half (100% public and open-source, btw) this seems a strange
> conclusion.

As Bjoern pointed out, this functionality is something we have been trying
to get on the web for most of the history of the web. And I think it is
fair to say that we have often pushed to get something accepted. We're
still pushing - it would be useful to solve this longstanding problem.

I don't know if that equates to "rushed". This is discussed elsewhere, and
I don't think it's a very fruitful discussion.

> But this is only my perspective, I'm still a standards n00b I suppose.
>
> In any case, I codified the concepts that our team has been espousing in
> a document here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14qJlCgda7GX2_KKxYhj1EULmY_hqNH35wjqDgGSkkOo/edit#
>
> The aim of this document was to address some of the questions around
> pragmatic operation of the spec as we see it.

Thanks. This is helpful. More perspectives from different kinds of people
who have tried to use Web components may be important contribution in
deciding whether we have it right enough.

cheers

Chaals