Re: [streams-api] Seeking status and plans

On 10/11/13 8:05 AM, ext Takeshi Yoshino wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Feras Moussa
> <feras.moussa@hotmail.com <mailto:feras.moussa@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Apologies for the delay, I had broken one of my mail rules and
>     didn't see this initially.
>
>     Asymeric is correct - there have been a few threads and revisions.
>     A more up-to-date version is the one Asymeric linked -
>     http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/tyoshino/stream/blob/master/streams.html
>     The above version incorporates both promises and streams and is a
>     more refined version of Streams.
>
>     From other threads on Stream, it became apparent that there were a
>     few pieces of the current Streams API ED that were designed around
>     older paradigms and needed refining to be better aligned with
>     current APIs.  I think it does not make sense to have two
>     different specs, and instead have a combined one that we move
>     forward.
>
>     I can work with Takeshi on getting his version incorporated into
>     the Streams ED, which we can then move forward with.
>

> I'm happy to.

OK, thanks Feras and Takeshi. Re PubStatus, I added Taekshi as an Editor
and update the Plan to reflect the impending integration.

I think it would be helpful if Feras' spec was updated as soon as
possible to clearly state the intent to integrate Takeshi's spec.

-Thanks, Art