Re: [streams-api] Seeking status and plans

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Feras Moussa <feras.moussa@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Apologies for the delay, I had broken one of my mail rules and didn't see
> this initially.
>
> Asymeric is correct - there have been a few threads and revisions. A more
> up-to-date version is the one Asymeric linked -
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/tyoshino/stream/blob/master/streams.html
> The above version incorporates both promises and streams and is a more
> refined version of Streams.
>
> From other threads on Stream, it became apparent that there were a few
> pieces of the current Streams API ED that were designed around older
> paradigms and needed refining to be better aligned with current APIs.  I
> think it does not make sense to have two different specs, and instead have
> a combined one that we move forward.
>
> I can work with Takeshi on getting his version incorporated into the
> Streams ED, which we can then move forward with.

I'm happy to.

> Thanks,
> Feras
>

> > Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:32:20 -0400
> > From: art.barstow@nokia.com
> > To: vitteaymeric@gmail.com; feras.moussa@hotmail.com;
> tyoshino@google.com
> > CC: public-webapps@w3.org
> > Subject: Re: [streams-api] Seeking status and plans
> >
> > On 10/10/13 6:26 AM, ext Aymeric Vitte wrote:
> >> I think the plan should be more here now:
> >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013OctDec/0049.html
> >
> > There are indeed at least two specs here:
> >
> > [1] Feras' <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm
> >

> > [2] Takeshi's
> > <
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/tyoshino/stream/blob/master/streams.html
> >

> > Among the Qs I have here are ...
> >
> > * What is the implementation status of these specs?

There's a Blink intent-to-implement for Streams API I sent. I plan to
implement it based on [2]. By turning on a flag to turn on experimental
features, XHR in Chrome can return a response as a Stream object. It's
based on "10. Extension of XMLHttpRequest" of [1]. Nothing done yet for the
rest. We're preparing for it (such as implementation of Promises).

I agree that we should merge [1] and [2] as Feras said.