Re: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

Isaac said too "So, just to be clear, I'm *not* suggesting that browser
streams copy Node streams verbatim.".

Unless you want to do node inside browsers (which would be great but
seems unlikely) I still don't see the relation between this kind of
proposal and existing APIs.

Could you please give an example very different from the ones I gave
already?

WebCrypto seems to be waiting for a Streams interface to be able to
perform simple progressive operations, which have been (unexpectedly)
removed from the spec, with outstanding features like the stream itself
being able to predict its end... I don't think it's required and even
possible, streams inside browsers only need to handle delta data, the
rest being handled by the APIs using the streams (including end of the
stream, flow control & co), cf my simple proposal.

You have reverted to EventTarget too instead of promises, why?

Regards

Aymeric

--
jCore