Re: FileSystem API

From: Eric U <ericu@google.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:44:48 -0700
To: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
OK, I just finished making my way through the public-script-coord
thread [I'm not on that list, but someone pointed me to it].  I have
no official objections to you editing a spec based on Jonas's
proposal, but I do have a couple of questions:

1) Why is this on public-script-coord instead of public-webapps?
2) Is any vendor other than Mozilla actually interested in this
proposal?  When it was brought up on public-webapps, and at the
WebApps F2F, it dropped with a resounding thud.

Given the standardization failure of the Chrome FileSystem API, this
could be a massive waste of time.  Or it could just be a way for
Mozilla to document its filesystem API, since we've already got
documentation of the Chrome API, but then you don't need to drag
public-script-coord into that.

I may have a few small bits of feedback on the color of the bikeshed,
but mostly I'm going to stay out of it, lest I accidentally give the
impression that we're going to implement it.  As I stated at the F2F,
we'll be the last ones to do it, but if 2 major browser vendors ship
it first, we'll certainly consider it.