Re: controller vibration / rumble

On 8/5/2013 1:11 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Mikkel Staunsholm <staunsholm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any comments on that?
>> Should it resemble the vibrations api more (with patterns, and turning it
>> off by setting strength to 0)?
>> Should it be in the vibrations api instead (I don't think so)?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mikkel Staunsholm
>> @staunsholm
>>

>> PS! I don't know if it is possible/feasible to make rumbling work on
>> osx/linux - fx. JInput doesn't report any ps3 rumblers on osx...
> It seems pretty clear to me that controller rumbling should be as
> closely matched with phone vibration as possible.

We've discussed this before, and I'm pretty sure we'd rather just use
the existing Vibration API exposed via a Gamepad object somehow. If that
API doesn't do everything we need then it'd be better to discuss changes
in the scope of that spec rather than inventing a whole new API for
something so similar.

-Ted