RE: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:37:41 +0000
To: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "i@izs.me" <i@izs.me>
From: Takeshi Yoshino [tyoshino@google.com]

> Sorry, which one? stream.Readable's readable event and read method?

Exactly.

> I agree flow control is an issue not addressed well yet and needs to be fixed.

I would definitely suggest thinking about it as soon as possible, since it will likely have a significant effect on the overall API. For example, all this talk of standardizing ProgressPromise (much less AbortableProgressPromise) will likely fall by the wayside once you consider how it hurts flow control.