RE: [PUSH API] Request for CFC on publication of new WD

Hi,

On 12 jul 2013 at 00:10:49, piranna@gmail.com wrote:
> Seems it still make a distintion between Push Server and Application
> Server. Wouldn't a webapp send some data to a Push Server so it gets
> distributed on all the registered instances without needing to deploy
> a custom Application Server? For server-less webapps this can be a
> problem... :-/

The most usual scenario I can foresee is an application server sending the notifications to the web app instance(s). In any case nothing precludes that a server-less webapp acts as an app server and sends notification to the Push Server for delivery to other instances of the webapp.

> Also, is spected to have some type of federation
> between the diferents Push Server, or it's suposed each one is
> isolated from the others?

This API does not mandate any concrete deployment option. Different alternatives may be possible in terms of the communication between the Push Server and the UA. So Push Servers can work in an isolated fashion, but a federated scenario is also possible.

> 2013/7/12 SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>:
>> Hi Webapps,
>>

>> Eduardo and I have uploaded a new ED of the Push API at
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/push/raw-file/tip/index.html.

>> This incorporates a variety of changes based upon comments received
>> since the last ED. See
>> https://github.com/telefonicaid/WebAPISpecs/commits/develop/Push for
>> details on these changes:
>>
>> ·         Correct issues with Pubrules Checker
>>
>> ·         moving push notification steps to system messages section
>>
>> ·         escaping character
>>
>> ·         Push server *may* skip version notifications …
>>
>> ·         if none, registrations() returns 0 length array …
>>
>> ·         Complete example code …
>>
>> ·         Replace references to web intents with "push service extension" …
>>
>> ·         editorial correction
>>
>> ·         renaming appToken to pushRegistrationId
>>
>> ·         splitting pushEndpoint into pushEndpoint and appToken
>>
>> ·         adding links to promises algorithms
>>
>> ·         fixing Promise-related descriptions
>>
>> ·         fix example 1 to use Promise
>>
>> ·         addressing Jonas' concern about transfering actual content in
>> notific… …
>>
>> ·         removing serverProtocols
>>
>> ·         changing version to unsigned long long and clarifying when it is
>> null… …
>>
>> ·         changing from DOMRequest to Promise
>>
>> ·         Add bit about semantics of push notification delivery guarantees
>>

>> We would like to request a CFC for publication of a new WD based upon this
>> ED.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bryan Sullivan

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: