Re: [webcomponents]: Naming the Baby

Err, yeah, thanks for pointing that out.

I also like "import" or "imports."

This makes sense given that the rel attribute is described as defining the
relationship between the resource being loaded and the document (likely
outdated spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#adef-rel).

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Eric Bidelman <ericbidelman@google.com>wrote:

> My association for HTML links is <a>. Seems too confusing.
>
> FWIW, I conducted a small survey to see what the
> broader community's mental model of this is:
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/118075919496626375791/posts/3GYkmd4UqLC. Got
> about 42 responses; the top 3 being:
>
> 1. Web Import <link rel="import"> - 14 votes
> 2. Web Package <link rel="package"> - 6 votes
> 3. Web Include <link rel="include"> - 5 votes
>
> Do we foresee <link rel="??"> loading other types of resources in the
> future, not just ".html"? I like the idea of some sort of "import" or
> "include", especially seeing that
> other web developers are aligned with this lingo.
>
> My 0$.02
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com> wrote:
>
>> The word "component" will be used as a synonym for a custom element.
>> Since this spec is designed to load various html resources that may include
>> custom element definitions, attaching the word component to this spec is
>> just confusing.
>>
>> We're loading html so rel="html" is most straightforward. The name of the
>> spec should be HTML links.
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Angelina Fabbro <
>> angelinafabbro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just going to drop this in here for discussion. Let's try and get at
>>> what a just a component 'is':
>>>
>>> A gold-standard component:
>>>
>>> 1. Should do one thing well
>>> 2. Should contain all the necessary code to do that one thing (HTML, JS,
>>> CSS)
>>> 3. Should be modular (and thus reusable)
>>> 4. Should be encapsulated