Re: window.event and Event.srcElement

On 3/25/13 3:19 PM, Dave Methvin wrote:

>     Basically, either UAs that currently implement window.event remove
>     it or it's clearly required for web compat and hence needs to be
>     specified so other UAs can implement it.  I don't see any other sane
>     options; do you?
>
> I'm okay with the first one. Is that a real option?

That's something to ask the implementors of UAs shipping window.event, no?

Apart from the mobile cases that popped up recently it hasn't been a
serious problem for Gecko, apart from the author confusion.

> seems
> like the uses on SO could easily be from clueless people doing the
> copy-pasta on very old code.

It's just "clueless" (read: normal) people writing code and forgetting
to pass "event" from the handler, and it Just Working in some browsers
but not others.

-Boris