Re: [webcomponents]: HTMLElementElement missing a primitive

Steve Orvell suggested that one could do

<element name='x-fancier' extends="x-fancy">
<script>
class XFancier extends this.extendee {
  fancify() {
     super();
     makeFancier();
  }
}
 this.register(XFancier);

As long as Element calculates 'extendee' and the registration system can
deal with the full prototype.

It's clever, but not particularly satisfying.