Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Bronislav KluÄŤka <
Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:

> On 7.3.2013 19:54, Scott González wrote:
>>
>> Who is killing anything?
>>
> Hi, given
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-webapps/**
> 2013JanMar/0676.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0676.html>
> I've misunderstood your point as advocating against Shadow altogether.

Ok, good to know that this was mostly just a miscommunication.

> 2nd is is practical: not having to care about the internals, so I do not
> break it by accident from outside. If the only way to work with internals
> is by explicit request for internals and then working with them, but
> without the ability to breach the barrier accidentally, without the
> explicit request directly on the shadow host, this concern is satisfied and
> yes, there will be no clashes except for control naming.

My understanding is that you have to explicitly ask to walk into the
shadow, so this wouldn't happen accidentally. Can someone please confirm or
deny this?