RE: [XHR] remove "user cancels request"

According to the current spec, it is already the case that onabort() is called only when client.abort() is explicitly called (including CORS requests.) onerror() is getting called in actual network errors such as DNS error, TLS negotiation failure, cross-origin access violation, etc.

I am not sure what conditions Anne exactly propose to remove from the spec. I can think of only three scenarios where the end user *terminates* the request: calling open(), calling abort() or explicitly stop in browser chrome. I don't think client.open() and explicit browser stop are what Anne is talking about.

Anne, could you elaborate what part of the text are you pointing?

If it's the case that you want to merge abort into error, I tend to disagree as there can be use cases explicitly putting "cancel" button in UI that should be distinguished from network initiated errors.

Jungkee