Re: [webcomponents] Styling the shadow based on the host element

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> What doesn't seem possible is to use the host element's qualities
>> (such as tagname, attributes, class, etc.) to style elements in the
>> shadow tree.
>
> Seems like a selector akin to :scope would work fine here, no?  Modulo
> deciding on a name for it...

The problem is that the host element isn't *in* the shadow tree at
all, so you can't use a pseudo-class.  That's why @host was necessary
in the first place, so we could provide a context for evaluating a
selector against something not in the tree.

~TJ