Re: document.register and ES6

So you're directly setting the user-added methods on matched elements in
browsers that don't support proto, but what about accessors?

If we modified the spec (as previously suggested) to take an *unbaked*
prototype object, we could polyfill all property types:

var myButton = document.register('x-mybutton', {
    prototype: {
        foo: {
            set: function(){ ... },
            get: function(){ ... }
        }
    }
});

Equipped with the unbaked prototype descriptor, in your upgrade phase, you
should be able to simply bake the node with:
Object.defineProperties(element, unbakedPrototypeDescriptor) - right?

Daniel J. Buchner
Product Manager, Developer Ecosystem
Mozilla Corporation