Re: Allow ... centralized dialog up front

I thought this was obvious but maybe not. Of course I had in mind that:

- A user gets some centralized place to "manage his sites"
- He can change permissions
- If the sites preferences change, the permissions pop up again.
- Some way for the user to re-engage the permission dialog for the site
he's on on his own.

But none of this is in the domain of a standard really, it's up to the
vendors how to best structure their UX.

Now, indexability/markup, I kinda like that. I've thought (at times) to
create a news site or search crawler that looks for examples of
technologies. And sometimes I wish I could google filter out pages that
entertain certain technologies when searching for something. It would be a
nice semantic.

Now there are still use-cases that might occur where a developer wants to
group a bunch of permissions up front, and later come with a different
bunch. Or where a developer derives the set of permissions he'll need from
the set of permissions his frameworks/libraries advise. Which would favor a
permission API. On the other hand most developers would probably be happy
to state permissions once for the page, and the markup could just be a
"remote-control" for the API.