Re: Allow ... centralized dialog up front

My user research on Android found that people have a hard time connecting
upfront permission requests to the application feature that needs the
permission. This meant that people have no real basis by which to allow or
deny the request, except for their own supposition.  IMO, this implies that
the better plan is to temporally tie the permission request to the feature
so that the user can connect the two.

With that being said, I agree that it's a bad idea to constantly barrage
the user with pop-ups, particularly identical-looking generic pop-ups. If
different permission dialogs can be made visually distinct from each other
and engaging in some way, some of the concerns of having a billion
identical "Do you want to grant X?" would go away.