Re: connection ceremony for iframe postMessage communications

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, John J Barton wrote:

> > Why would the connectivity part of this be the hard part?
>
> Because the existing information on cross-domain iframe communications
> is incomplete and written in terms few Web app developers understand,
> the browser implementations are new and the error messages they emit are
> puzzling. Solutions for same-domain cases don't work for cross-domain.
> Async communications is hard to debug.

I agree with your described problems, but I don't see the link between
them and adding yet more features to the platform.

The solution to "existing information on cross-domain iframe
communications is incomplete" is to add more information. The solution to
"existing information on cross-domain iframe communications is written in
terms few Web app developers understand" is to write new information. The
solution to "the browser implementations are new" is to wait. The solution
to "the error messages they emit are puzzling" is to file bugs on the
browsers with suggestions for how to improve them. Etc.