Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Arun Ranganathan wrote:

> 2. Could we modify things so that img.src = blob is a reality? Mainly,
> if we modify things for the *most common* use case, that could be useful
> in mitigating some of our fears. Hixie, is this possible?

Anything's possible, but I think the pain here would far outweigh the
benefits. There would be some really hard questions to answer, too (e.g.
what would innerHTML return? If you copied such an image from a
contentEditable section and pasted it lower down the same section, would
it still have the image?).