Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> Something else that needs to be defined: does "xhr.open('GET', url)"
> consume the URL, or does that only happen when xhr.send() is called?  (I'm
> not looking for the answer here, just giving an example of something that
> needs to be clearly defined.)

Another case: whether loading a one-shot URL from a different origin, where
you aren't allowed to load the content, still causes the URL to be revoked.
 (My first impression was that it shouldn't affect it at all, but my second
impression is that in practice that error mode would probably always result
in the URL never being revoked and ending up leaked, so it's probably best
to free it anyway.)

--
Glenn Maynard