Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 1/24/12 8:58 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>

>> 2012/1/24 Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org <mailto:ojan@chromium.org>>
>>

>>    Can we just compromise on the language here? I don't think we'll
>>    find agreement on the proper way to do spec work.
>>
>>    How about: "DOM2 is no longer updated. DOM4 is the latest actively
>>    maintained version. <link to DOM4>"
>>

>> That doesn't really work for me. What would work for me is something like:
>>
>> "Although DOM Level 2 continues to be subject to Errata Management
>>

> Except it's not.  As far as I know, errata haven't been published for
> close to a decade now, and there are no plans to publish any.  This in
> spite of known things that need errata.

As long as the W3C Process Document [1] applies, DOM2 is "subject" to
Errata Management until such a time as it is formally Rescinded. It matters
not whether there are any plans to publish errata or not.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/