Re: [indexeddb] Do we need to support keyPaths with an empty string?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:16:29 +0100, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Given the different behaviors, I wonder if the use case you described
> below (i.e. set scenario) is worth supporting.  Not supporting keyPath =
> undefined, null, and “” seem to provide a more consistent and clean
> story.  Returning an exception when a developer creates an Object Store
> with a keyPath of null, undefined, or empty string will provide a
> FailFast API.
>
> What do you think?

I prefer this option.

Making the throw and the cause of it closer. It feels more consistent, and
requires less understanding of all details of IDB to understand. Web
authors doesn't always read the spec faithfully.

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal · Core QA, Opera Software · http://opera.com /