BCC: whatwg, CC:public-webapps since discussion of the editing spec has
moved

I'm OK with this conclusion, but I still strongly prefer "div" to be the
"default single-line container name". Also, I'd really like the "default
single-line container name" to be configurable in some way. Different apps
have different needs and it's crappy for them to have to handle enter
themselves just to get a different block type on enter.

Something like document.execCommand("DefaultBlock", false, tagName). What
values are valid for tagName are open to discussion. At a minimum, I'd want
to see "div", "p" and "br". As one proof that this is valuable, the Closure
editor supports these three with custom code and they are all used in
different apps. I'm tempted to say that any block type should be allowed,
but I'd be OK with starting with the tree above. For example, I could see a
use-case for "li" if you wanted an editable widget that only contained a
single list.

Ojan