Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

Le 19/06/12 22:48, fantasai a écrit :

> You could just work in the explanation I sent in
> http://www.w3.org/mid/4FC64100.3060800@inkedblade.net
> e.g.
> | Each element in the top layer's stack has a ::backdrop pseudo-element,
> | which can be styled to create a backdrop that hides the underlying
> | document when the element is displayed fullscreen.
>
> I think that would address Daniel's comment.

Yes. But please note I insist on this only because I think the current
prose is absolutely not self-explanatory enough.

> The CSSWG generally tries to explain the intention of a feature at a high
> level rather than simply giving the processing model and asking
> implementers
> to blindly implement it. This helps spec reviewers understand the goal of
> the feature and therefore comment intelligently on how it fulfills that
> goal, and it helps implementers and authors create a mental context for
> interpreting the rest of the spec text and applying it to real code.

Again, yes. I am in particular thinking of implementors who will read
this document w/o having followed the discussions here. I know our (W3C)
specs are not meant for end-user consumption but it's not a reason to
make them hard to understand even to implementors.

That's also the reason why I asked to explain requestFullscreen(). It
can sound obvious, but it's not. And in fact, we should _never_
introduce a new syntax, API, whatever w/o saying _what it does_ from
a functional point of view before explaining how it works.

</Daniel>