Re: Browser Payments API proposal

Nice idea Alex!

I have done some work on this in the past, but it didn't go very far. A few
tips:
1. As long as many users don't have this, websites would still have to do
form-based credit-card forms. But browsers and extensions are getting
pretty good at auto-filling these forms. So you have a tough competition
from the entrenched technology and there are ways websites can help the
auto-complete work even better (e.g. proper element names).

2. The permissions dialog needs to be more visible and proactive. Users
(even advanced ones) often miss the permissions prompts.

3. Requiring the user to type a security code / pin every time you give a
site your credit card info might increase awareness and security.

4. Can we do something that doesn't require scripting? Maybe a new tag? The
motivation for that is embedding one click payments in emails where
scripting is disabled.

5. Minor things: How to deal with multiple credit cards? What if a site
only suports AmEx but not Visa?