Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>>  wrote:
>>> Though it seems likely that 'fixed' is required here, no?
>>
>> The top layer concept is also used by HTML for its<dialog>  element.
>
> This response doesn't seem to match the quoted sentence. ??

For fullscreen it is set to fixed per the default rendering rules. We
do not want to do that all the time because HTML <dialog> uses the
same rendering concepts.

>> I expect we'll just update the specification.
>
> If it's still actively edited at that point, sure.

If it's not maintained it's dead and unreliable anyway...

> You also need to state its relationship to other elements in the tree.
> Right now its inheritance behavior is undefined.

Why? It has no children.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/