Re: [selectors-api] NAMESPACE_ERR or SYNTAX_ERR when both applied

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> Always throwing SyntaxError is probably better.
>

> Also probably incompatible with a depth-first recursive descent parser
> implementation.  Are we sure we want to overconstrain implementations like
> that?

I'm not sure what Anne meant, but I'd think we should just always
require SyntaxError, including for namespace errors.  Do enough people
really use namespaces that they deserve a separate exception?  CSS
itself treats namespace errors the same as syntax errors in
stylesheets (right?), so it doesn't make sense to require Selectors
APIs to distinguish them.