Re: [webcomponents] HTML Parsing and the <template> element

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, Rafael Weinstein wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Perhaps lost among other updates was the fact that I've gotten the
> > > first draft of HTML Templates spec out:
> > >
> > > http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/templates/index.html
> >
> > I think the task previously was to show how dramatic the changes to the
> > parser would need to be. Talking to Dimitri, it sounds to me like they
> > turned out to be less "open-heart-surgery" and more "quick outpatient
> > procedure". Adam, Hixie, Henri, how do you guys feel about the
> > invasiveness of the parser changes that Dimitri has turned out here?
>
> I think it's more or less ok [...]

the HTML parser spec next week?

I don't have a good handle on how much commitment there is from non-Chrome
parties here. I don't want to add this to the spec only to find that
people think it's a good idea but only one vendor has plans to implement it.