Re: Proposal: Document.parse() [AKA: Implied Context Parsing]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012, Adam Barth wrote:

> >   http://www.hixie.ch/specs/e4h/strawman
> >
> > Who wants to be first to implement it?
>
> Doesn't e4h have the same security problems as e4x?

As written it did, yes (specifically, if you can inject content into an
XML file you can cause it to run JS under your control in your origin with
content from the other origin). However, as Anne and you have said, it's
easy to fix, either by using an XML-incompatible syntax or using CORS to
disable it. Since we have to disable it in Workers anyway, I'd go with
disabling it when there's no CORS. Strawman has been updated accordingly.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> A (bigger?) problem with E4H/H4E is that TC39 does not like it:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2011OctDec/thread.html#msg33

What matters is what implementors want to do.