Re: exposing CANVAS or something like it to Web Workers

On 5/14/12 8:21 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> SVG and animated gif would render the same as it would in an
> Image that has not been added to the dom or is otherwise display: none.

I'm not sure that would be workable in a worker for SVG, for the same
reasons that responseXML is not available in workers: it involves DOM
elements.  Unless the SVG rasterization happens on the main thread under
the hood and the raster data is then sent over to the worker.  This
might have ... surprising performance characteristics.

-Boris