Re: exposing CANVAS or something like it to Web Workers

On 5/14/12 7:56 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> A tricky bit: you need to know which element to sync to, so the browser
> knows which monitor's vsync to use.  According to [1] only WebKit's
> requestAnimationFrame actually takes an element.  (That's surprising;
> this seems obvious.

Does WebKit actually use the element to determine vsync?  How do they
handle cases when the element spans monitors?

As far as I know WebKit's implementation uses the element to optimize
out callbacks when the element is not visible, but that's it.

Note that Gecko, for example, does not tie requestAnimationFrame
callbacks to vsync.  I can't speak for other UAs.

> I mention this because
> this method would need to accept a context in lieu of an element

What would the context be used for?

-Boris