Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> The jQuery API shows that at least jQuery developers don't agree with
> you regarding what is simpler here.

That wouldn't be the first time. :-)

jQuery doesn't really match the Web platform's design aesthetic, with
method names consisting purely of punctuation, methods that can be used
both to register a callback and invoke a callback (click(f) vs click()),
the style of using return values to enable chained invocations of methods
on a specific object, etc.

I have great respect for jQuery as a library, but I'm not sure it's
necessarily a given that just because jQuery does something one way, it
makes sense for the Web platform to do it that way as well.