Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Scott González
<scott.gonzalez@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't "foo<caption>bar</caption>" an
> invalid use case? Any top-level element that needs a context can't be mixed
> with a text node. Are there cases where this isn't true?

Yes - SVG, MathML, and Ruby text can all, in some circumstances,
validly have text before the first start tag of a fragment.

In addition, comments are always valid.  They're neither text nor start tags.

~TJ