Re: Clipboard API spec should specify beforecopy, beforecut, and beforepaste events

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
> That might make sense given how confusing these before* are.
>
> On the other hand, there are use cases to communicate enabledness of cut,
> copy, & paste with UA. Maybe we can address this use case by letting
> websites override
> queryCommandEnabled('cut'), queryCommandEnabled('copy'), queryCommandEnabled('paste')?
>
> Aryeh, any opinions here?

"enabled" is pretty useless, so I have no problem making it more
useful for specific commands.  But browsers don't generally support
the cut/copy/paste events in public web pages at all.  It would be
quite confusing for queryCommandEnabled("cut") to mean "can the *user*
perform a cut" rather than "will execCommand('cut') do anything".