Re: Request for FormData.remove() method

Hi David, Anne and others,

On 26/04/12 13:55, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:07:57 +0200, Bronislav Klučka
> <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:
>> FormData can be useful not only to be sent via XHR, but essentially
>> to hold form values easily, e.g. you can have settings form (that you
>> do not need to send any where = you do not need to store it or you
>> store it in e.g. IndexDb), then get this settings and alter
>> application according to this settings... Instead of doing exactly
>> the same, but manually
>
> Why would you not simply use a JavaScript object for this?
I recently met the following use case: create a FormData object from a
<form />, send it to some listeners that can actually edit this
FormData, to finally send it via a XHR to the server. Listeners can add
some data (with FormData.append) but I would like them to be able to
edit or remove data (for security concerns, or whatever else). The only
solution I found is to create a new FormData-like object that mimics the
real one but with the addition of some functions. In fact, I gently
expose the “fields” object or array and transform it to a real FormData
object when calling toString() or something like that.
By the way, some features are clearly missing on the FormData interface.

Best regards.

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

PhD. student at DISC/Femto-ST (Vesontio) and INRIA (Cassis)
http://disc.univ-fcomte.fr/ and http://www.inria.fr/