RE: [XHR] Authentication prompt during send()

Ok, this is the crux of my question as every browser I have tried will (incorrectly?) prompt.

> However, I believe this behavior has not been
> universally implemented thus far and the way HTTP authentication works
> does not make it easy to write tests for. (At least I've had trouble creating
> exhaustive tests and reverse engineering the appropriate behavior so I
> mostly gave up and have been hoping for someone to fill me in on the
> details.)
Does this mean that if we had tests we could get the browsers to follow the spec or
does this mean that the spec is going to describe the existing (imo incorrect) behaviour?
I'm interested in having the behaviour described in the spec, not the actual behaviour
that browsers are showing.

--
Tim Hobbs