Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
> I agree. Changing the context element based on the first element is strange
> and counter-intutitive and doesn't buy us anything.
>
> For example, enforcing the "in table" insertion mode when we encounter td as
> the first element doesn't guarantee into where this fragment is inserted. In
> fact, it can be inserted as an immediate child of a shadow root for the
> component model.

If you have a fragment that starts with a "<td>", you'd better be
planning on eventually putting it as the child of a <tr>.  (Or as the
shadow children of a Component that is acting like a <tr>.)

If you want to do something else... um, why?  What possible use-case
might there be for parsing a string starting with "<td>" aside from
later putting it inside a <tr>?

~TJ