Re: BlobBuilder.append() should take ArrayBufferView in addition to ArrayBuffer

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:11:38 +0200, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:48:12 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Because it's still in the current editor's draft and it's still in the
>>> Gecko code and I was just reviewing a patch to it and saw the API?  ;)
>>

>> Eric, the plan is to remove that from File Writer, no?
>
> Yes.  The next draft I publish will mark it deprecated, and it will
> eventually go away.

Please just remove it from the spec directly. If implementors feel they
want to keep it around for a while longer, that's up to them, but the spec
should describe the end goal.

As for implementations, it's usually simpler to remove features earlier
than to wait a while and hope it will be possible to remove it later. The
longer a feature is exposed on the Web, the more content will end up
relying on it.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software