RE: [IndexedDB] Full text search?

 Hi, Thanks for your answer. So, if I have understood you, in this versión we cannot expect any update on this issue. The only possible search will be a "perfect match" search for a concrete field. No "Start With" even, right? I'm not a database expert, but to me it is such a common scenario that I'm surprise there is not any kind of support for it. In my case I can live with it, I can move my database records to memory and search inside them, but for a more "real" application where you can manage thousands of records, it would be a problem hard to solve. One more question related to the search question: is it possible to search by more than one field? For example, buy PropertyA = X and PropertyB = Y ? Thanks again for the info. Kind Regards, Javier.Subject: Re: [IndexedDB] Full text search?
From: Art.Barstow@nokia.com
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:32:54 -0400
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
To: jholguerablanco@hotmail.com

On Apr 8, 2012, at 10:19 AM, ext Javier Holguera wrote:Hi, I’m starting with IndexedDB with a simple sample application. It is a Tasks List which stores its information into a IndexedDB database. I may have chosen a simpler persistence technology, but I wanted to give a try to IndexedDB. Anyway, my application should allow searching in the stored tasks by a key word. For example, if I search by “dinner” word, I would like to retrieve entries in the database with names like “Dinner ingredients list”, “Prepare the dinner” or “Ask Mary to do the dinner”. I think it is a typical “Full text Search” example. How can it be implemented with IndexedDB? As far as I have read, I can retrieve elements from the database based on any of the object properties, but it must be a complete match. If it is not possible, it would force to move all Object Store records to memory to iterate over them and do the full text search “manually”, which is quite inefficient.Thanks for the information.
FYI, "fulltext index" is included in the list of features for the "next" version <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/IndexedDatabaseFeatures>. I think the main proponents of the spec consider v1 of the spec feature complete (bug list is <http://tinyurl.com/Bugz-IndexedDB>).
-AB