Re: [webcomponents]: First draft of the Shadow DOM Specification

In your example, you lost me on this part:

// Insert Bob's shadow tree under the election story box.
root.appendChild(document.createElement('shadow'));

Is that wrong?  If not, can you explain it?  also... How does this patter
give browsers timely enough information to avoid fouc?  It feels like there
is a piece missing..