Re: [XHR] chunked requests

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:

> **
> I think the Web Sockets spec is intended for client to server sessions
> like this.

WebSocket protocol isn't yet well-supported by proxies. Besides, all we
need here is a throwaway RPC-like request/response, and it's a bit heavy
duty to use WebSocket for this use case.

> As for the peer-to-peer communication, I imagine the WebRTC group is where
> you'll see more activity on this issue.

WebRTC is mostly peer-to-peer UDP (e.g. RTP), and the client-to-client
communication has nothing to do with either HTTP or WebSocket.

I don't know that arbitrary binary data is on their agenda -- I hope it is