Re: [Selectors API 2] Is matchesSelector stable enough to unprefix in implementations?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 14:19, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yehuda Katz
> (ph) 718.877.1325
>

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 11/21/11 11:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> 1)  Make sense.
>>>>

>>> .matches
>>> .is
>>>

> I like .is, the name jQuery uses for this purpose. Any reason not to go
> with it?

IMHO 'is' seems awfully broad in meaning and doesn't very well indicate
that the parameter should be a selector. Inasmuch I like .matches better.

Also, FWIW, an 'is' attribute on elements was/is in discussion on this ML
as one possibility to specify components.

Cheers,

- Roland