Re: XPath and find/findAll methods

Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Martin Kadlec <bs-harou@myopera.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 21 November 2011 2:18 PM, "James Robinson" <jamesr@google.com>
> wrote:
>
> > XPath is dead on the web.  Let's leave it that way.
> >
> > - James
>
> Why? XPath is in lot's of cases much more powerful than CSS selectors and
> all browsers support it in some way, so it shouldn't be problem to reuse
> the code.
>
> Only reason why XPath is "dead" on the web is because there is not (yet)
> easy way to use it.

Not in my estimation. In my estimation, selectors "won" because web
developers already understand them due to their use in CSS. It's easy
enough to start with every developer's basic understanding of selectors
required for styling a page and pick up more advanced selectors as time and
desire allows.