Re: [Selectors API 2] Is matchesSelector stable enough to unprefix in implementations?

On 22/11/11 3:23 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Boris Zbarsky<bzbarsky@mit.edu>  wrote:
>>> What's the current state of matchesSelector?  Are we confident
>>> enough in the
>>> name and such to unprefix it?
>>
>> I think that matchesSelector suffers from the same verbosity that qSA
>> does, and would benefit from the same discussion as what has happened
>> over .find/findAll.
>
> I was wondering about that; hence the question.
>
> Let's have this discussion right now.  What name here would:
>
> 1)  Make sense.

The current defined behavior of matchesSelector() goes with the behavior
of querySelectorAll(), so the name seems appropriate.

If find / findAll is implemented then a matches() method with
corresponding behavior might be appropriate. See the discussion that
started at

     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0342.html

Sean