Re: TAG Comment on

On 21/11/2011, at 10:42 AM, Adam Barth wrote:

> You're welcome to tilt at that windmill, but the chance that you get
> these APIs removed from browser is approximately zero.

There's a difference between the W3C and browser vendors promoting these as the future of the Web as-is, and supporting them for the (relatively few) people who use them currently, while coming up with something better (i.e., effectively deprecating them).

For example, some browsers still (!) support <blink>, but that doesn't mean we should promote its use.

Either way, I'm happy to wait; no windmill-tilting required.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/