Re: Is BlobBuilder needed?

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It was pointed out to me on twitter that BlobBuilder can be replaced
> with simply making Blob constructable. I.e. the following code:
>
> var bb = new BlobBuilder();
> bb.append(blob1);
> bb.append(blob2);
> bb.append("some string");
> bb.append(myArrayBuffer);
> var b = bb.getBlob();
>
> would become
>
> b = new Blob([blob1, blob2, "some string", myArrayBuffer]);
>
> or look at it another way:
>
> var x = new BlobBuilder();
> becomes
> var x = [];
>
> x.append(y);
> becomes
> x.push(y);
>
> var b = x.getBlob();
> becomes
> var b = new Blob(x);
>
> So at worst there is a one-to-one mapping in code required to simply
> have |new Blob|. At best it requires much fewer lines if the page has
> several parts available at once.
>
> And we'd save a whole class since Blobs already exist.

Following the previous discussion (which seemed to raise no major
objections) can we expect to see this in the File API spec sometime soon
(assuming that spec is the right home for this)?

This will require a coordinated edit to coincide with the removal of
BlobBuilder from the File Writer API, right?

Thanks,

Rich