Re: What type should .findAll return

On Nov 14, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Yehuda Katz wrote:

> It seems as though the spec intends to disallow host objects (i.e. DOM) from fully acting like an Array, which is clearly the intent here. Perhaps this is a time for "willful disobedience" and a correction in ES6?

Calm down -- this confrontational style is unjustified.

The spec cannot deal in non-observables. DOM host objects in most implementations are full of methods, which really are native function objects. But it's always possible to implement a work-alike. So long as a host array follows the contract in every observable way, no problem.

What's at issue is the abuse of internal methods defined only for spec-internal purposes as arbitrary "plugin APIs" by other specs. That's where negotiation and future-proofing are needed.

/be