Re: [XHR2] overrideMimeType in state UNSENT

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>>> What about setRequestHeader()?
>>
>> This one is trickier. I would be more concerned about compatibility
>> given that the function has been around forever and has always applied
>> only to the current request.
>>
>> Additionally, since there is no API for getting the current set of
>> request headers, it makes it hard to inspect an XHR object to ensure
>> that it's in the correct state before reusing it.
>
> Andrew is saying Gecko does not reset the author request headers. Should we
> expose the author request headers? (If we should, can you start a separate
> thread. Maybe now is the time to improve this part of the API.)

This isn't correct.

However looking at the code, I realize that we have a bug that makes
us revive old set under certain conditions, so maybe that is what he's
seeing. This is a recent regression and not an intentional one. I'll
file a bug to have it fixed.

/ Jonas